Two sausages. Cajun and Polish.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Good afternoon!
I'd been wanting to try a sausage from meatsandsausages.com for a while called Chaurice, but the Mrs. informed me she probably wouldn't care for it. OK.
I decided to do two 1Kg batches, one of the Chaurice and one of Kielbasa.
chaurice.jpg white.jpg
Started with a boneless shoulder from GFS, ground it all through a 1/4" plate, separated into 1Kg parts and had 1lb left over for something else.
grind.jpg
Mixed the two separately and kept in the fridge overnight.
c.jpg k.jpg
Next morning I mixed them each with about a half cup of SPC and a little water and stuffed.
c stuffed.jpg Chaurice k stuffed.jpg Kielbasa
Had a couple of pinhole blowouts but nothing devastating and no links lost. I'm blaming the casings.....
Let 'em hang-dry for a couple of hours and moved to the fridge for a night.
hanging.jpg fridge.jpg
I just had to try them so the next day I used my "Early Christmas Present" to cook a couple.
fried.jpg cut.jpg Kielbasa on the left....
The Chaurice is just begging for Red Beans and Rice and the Kielbasa will go for the usual Kraut and fried potatoes or Spaetzle.
Thanks for looking, have a wonderful day and stuff on!
Dan

Those look great Dan . I have a butt to grind tomorrow . Been looking at that Chaurice recipe . He also has the Texas hot link formula . I've made that one it's good .

Those look great Dan . I have a butt to grind tomorrow . Been looking at that Chaurice recipe . He also has the Texas hot link formula . I've made that one it's good .
Thanks, Rich! The Chaurice isn't really all that "hot and spicy", but the chopped onions definitely makes it different.
I didn't notice anything from the crumbled bay leaf but the flavor must have blended in....

Reactions: chopsaw
Those look great!!!! I gotta adjust my meat/flavor ratio to yours. I usually trim off too much flavor. I want sausage now....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky