Two more into cave - Zinfandel Asiago Pepata, more Guido's Hard Italian

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
1668006804196.png

Really nice, what is giving the darker cheese it's color and how long do you age them?
It spent a week submerged in red wine. After I vac sealed it, it will be ready to eat in about 3 weeks, though it could be aged much longer (and will be, it will take awhile to eat the whole thing). Same with the top one (Guido's Hard Italian), it's ready to eat after three weeks as well, but gets better with age. I've got half a wheel that's coming up on three months that is delicious.

look so good!!
Thanks!

Tell me more. I've never explored cheese making.

Start here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GavinWebber

Dang man, it's almost like you know what you're doing! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Appearances are often deceiving... :)

Where are you sourcing your sheeps milk from?
This was made from raw cow's milk from Richardson Farms at my local farmer's market. There's also someone there who sells goat's milk, but won't have any until January. I have yet to find a source for sheep's milk.

Appearances are often deceiving... :)

This was made from raw cow's milk from Richardson Farms at my local farmer's market. There's also someone there who sells goat's milk, but won't have any until January. I have yet to find a source for sheep's milk.
I have sheep, you can come milk them if you can catch them 😂.

Cheeses look great.

• Haha
Reactions: LoydB
Update on this, I broke it open again last night and the wine flavor has now permeated the entire cheese. It is substantially better than it was two months ago, so if you decide to make it, give it some time.

1680109483863.png

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky