Two Fatties Worth Viewing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 12, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
So today I did my 2 favorite fatties. Nothing fancy, but sooo tasty.

The first is my apple pancake fattie

1# chub of Bob Evans regular sausage

3 pancakes

1/2 can of apple pie filling

(in hindsight I think shredded cheddar cheese might have been the cat's meow)\

1/2 # bacon

The usual rolled out chub of sausage

ry%3D400

followed up by 3 normal sized pancakes torn up

ry%3D400

then about a half of a can of apple pie filling

ry%3D400

then a generous helping of dark brown sugar

ry%3D400

all rolled up on a bacon weave and ready for the smoker

ry%3D400

one of my most favorite fatties,  The sweetness of the apple + the savory of the bacon and sausage.  It's a slice of breakfast in every bite.  Here it is with a different breakfast fattie.

ry%3D400

Thanks for viewing

Reactions: old poi dog
Looks interesting. I'd have never thought of putting that kind of sweet stuff in a fatty. I'm always doing things like cheese, hot peppers, more meat. How did they turn out?

Awaiting the money shot!

Did the pancake end up soggy at all because of the apples?  Looks great and might just have to give that a try!

You need the wife and kids to go away more often so we get more great qview from ya!!

I will try to give you a call later this week to catch up

Fatties with pancakes are awesome!!!!  I usually add syrup with it too!

And the apple in fatties is aweosme also, but I haven't done them together

Did the pancake end up soggy at all because of the apples?  Looks great and might just have to give that a try!
not really.  do it!

You need the wife and kids to go away more often so we get more great qview from ya!!

I will try to give you a call later this week to catch up
if they'd go every weekend... life would be awesome    JK

Fatties with pancakes are awesome!!!!  I usually add syrup with it too!

And the apple in fatties is aweosme also, but I haven't done them together
try it.  the brown sugar helps the sweetness.  but i dont necessarily think its necessary.  but the sweet and savory is what seals the deal for me

Looking good, all of the ingredients compliment one another.

What about a Maple Syrup Glaze 1/2 hour before it comes off the smoker?

I do a similar fatty but without the pancakes. I make mine with maple sausage and butter rum soaked apples. I really like the pancake idea though and plan on trying it soon. If I can ever get away from travelling so much for work, that is.

Hey Dude,

Sorry I missed this post the first time around.  Those are a couple of  great looking fatties....The bacon weave on them are so well done..
points.gif

Some fatty Q views blow my mind. 

Like THIS ONE for example!  LOL!

especially that last table level shot before you roll it up.  i'm like, whoaaaaaa!  no way is that going to fit!  and then, dang!, it does!

very sweet little Q view, Dude!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky