Turkey legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alnichols

Original poster
Sep 23, 2019
Hello , Alan from Lake Worth Florida. Anyone know where to get jumbo Turkey legs that aren't $ 15 ea. That's ridiculous

Reactions: JLeonard
Alan, welcome to the forum! Maybe some of our Floridian friends can help you out.

Hello , Alan from Lake Worth Florida. Anyone know where to get jumbo Turkey legs that aren't $ 15 ea. That's ridiculous
On a whole bird if you don't need a bunch .
If I can get whole birds for .99 a pound and legs and thighs are over $2.00 a pound , I buy a couple whole birds and part them out .
If you need a bunch of legs that doesn't work though .

I like chopsaw chopsaw idea. Can't be of much help to you in Florida but awhile back one of our local grocers had them on sale...and it was far from $15 a piece. To put things in perspective how outrageous that price is...few years ago we bought and split with another couple a 30 lb box of turkey legs and a 30 lb box of turkey wings, one was $7 and the other was $12 per 30 lb box.

Ryan

• Wow
Reactions: DRKsmoking
The tend to go up this time of year. Many people use them for stock.
Also, I heard on the news the other day, that poultry prices are going to be way up this Thanksgiving due to shortages from the bird flu.

I bought 2-18 lb. Turkeys last TG for .49 cents per lb.
I deboned & skinned them & ground the meat up for turkey burgers.
You could do the same, just keep the legs & grind the rest.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky