Turkey fryer oil?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Strain through a fine meshed wire strainer and store oil in fridge.  The more bits and pieces you get out the better.  Don't want to say how long it will last, depends on how hot the oil got during frying, how much stuff is left in it and how much moisture is in the oil.  You should be good until Christmas and New Years at least and expect it to last longer.    Always better to fry a couple of birds at one time and let your friends take turns buying the new oil next time you fry.

I washed out the basket of my oil less fryer , It will be fine for next thanksgiving.

Did my second turkey today and it was perfect.

icon_cool.gif

Now it might not be right but I have used my oils and then strained it real good and kept it in the garage for a couple of monthes and then used it again. It has never seemed to be any fowl smells or taste but I only use my oil maybe 3 times.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky