Turkey... Brined, Smoked and Pitmaster's Choice Pellets using the AMNPS..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
Bride said, "We need a smoked turkey" so into the salt brine with honey it went.... 24 hrs later.... into the MES 30 with Pitmaster's Choice Pellets and the AMNPS.....

For a little different flavor, a thin layer of mesquite was placed in the middle of the pellets....    The smoker set to 140 and adjusted every hour up 20 degrees...  after 6 hours of smoke the bird was transferred to the oven at 350 until it was finished and the skin crisped....   The pictures suck but I can guarantee the bird was moist and the smoke flavor incredible...  Pitmasters Choice is so mild and forgiving you can't over smoke food.... The mesquite pinch added a unique "twang" that normally would over power the flavor of meat but a small bit, that is just noticeable, is just right...  Thank you Todd for the opportunity to test the AMNPS and Pitmasters Choice Pellets....   Bride has not complained once about the smoke flavor in our food since I started using it.....   You are a life saver....    

This picture does not even speak 100 words about the moistness and incredible flavor of the turkey....

Thanks for looking....      Dave

Looks great Dave. I love a good smoked turkey.

Great looking turkey
Looks-Great.gif
 I bet it taste better than it looks!!

Al

Dave, Morning!  Now THAT looks fantastic, and you can even see the juices in the pan in the 1st photo.

Excellent work from the master!    
yahoo.gif

Now I need to buy a Turkey...Looks good...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky