Turkey breast was a success

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alan mcfadden

Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
Fort Dodge iowa
Just took it off smoker wife carved it we ate it and it was delicious....Sorry guys and gals we both forgot to snap a picture...Doing a test run on a loin tomorrow I'll make sure I snap 1.....

Do I need to clean it? I did wipe window off best I could...

I only clean mine once a week <If it's used>. I fill a big ole play pool with soapy water, put the racks and grease trap in, and the water pan and clean the window and build up around thermal sensors. That is all I do, and I bet some members will think I'm OCD ;)

Alan you got 1 smoke on that thing . Wash the racks you cooked on , and any that were under the food and you're good .

I don't clean my smoker.... I sterilize it....
Prior to any smoke, I run the temperature up to 275 for a couple hours... Post the smoke, I run the temp up to 275 for a couple hours... Sanitize the gunk... Wiping down doesn't kill any left over pathogens... Sanitizing does....

I wash the racks water pan as mentioned above. I line the water pan and the drip tray with aluminum foil. If it gets all gunked up I change it out. As far as the interior is I use a water vinegar mix in a spray bottle to wipe it down if I start getting a lot build up inside. This works better if it’s warm so you can also pour that mix into your water pan and heat her up. After i rinse it down with plan water.
I don’t like to use harsh chemicals in my smoker or on any cooking surface that I don’t feel I can truely rinse or burn off. The vinegar is natural and used in many of my smokes so it won’t leave an odd odor or taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky