Turkey and Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 11, 2010
McHenry, Illinois
I'm smoking a turkey breast and a spiral ham today, got my parents coming over for dinner.

I brined the turkey last night, injected it using travcoman45 recipes for both. I brushed it with evoo, and some cbp, and I'm spritzing it every 1/2 hour with a mix of apple juice and Jim Beam Stag ( the Black Cherry flavor).

29859071_09-04-10Smoke003.jpg

The ham I'm using the coffee mop sauce on

6154894a_09-04-10Smoke004.jpg

My set up, the Kenmore Hybrid as I call it, the GOSM, and Izzy my BBQ companion

774ad71c_09-04-10Smoke005.jpg

A close look @ my BBQ companion

641511be_09-04-10Smoke006.jpg

Izzy doesn't look like a big drooler---no more than most members on this forum. Just don't drag your feet!

Now were she a Lab, that would be another story---like get some hipboots!

Bear

Coming along nicely, the bird is at 155*, and the ham at 148*, I just turned up the heat to get 325* to crisp the skin on the bird

Here ya go, thanks for checking out my Sunday smoke

the bird, unfortunately I didn't get any pics after carving, the people wouldn't wait

50eda14f_9-5-10smoke001.jpg

The turkey was very juicy thanks for the recipes travcoman45

What was left of the ham

5de8f6ff_9-5-10smoke002.jpg

The coffee mop sauce was mighty tasty

It all looks great from here . Dang it .They still don't have smell-o-vision.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky