Tube Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

desquare

Original poster
Jul 15, 2020
I just purchased the Masterbuilt 1050 gravity grill. I have left over pellets and would like to use a them in the masterbuilt. I am going to put a cold smoker tube in the ash tray of masterbuilt for wood smoke. What's your opinion with this technique ?

Sounds like a perfectly good way to generate cold smoke...JJ

I wouldn't do it, if you have a gas grill you can use them in it for some added flavor, the hot coals will make the tube burn to fast to be of much help imo.

Flames burn up smoke. Like those smokeless fire pits that generate smoke from burning wood but pass through flames at the top of the pit. The fan driven gravity feed shoots flames from the charcoal and makes smoke but burning pellet smoke passing through hot coals may burn up but you'll have to see depending on smoking lower or grilling very hot.

Agree, my masterbuilt gravity does not need help smoking meat, I put large chunks in with the charcoal and in the ash catch bin.
Pellets would burn up quickly and not offer much flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky