TSM Red Roof

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought the dust just haven't decided how to dampen it without making a mess.

I by passed the OEM Novus control. Wired the element to a hd 12/2 extension cord with grounded plug, Now can plug right to the back of my pid.

I did a small batch of sticks yesterday, sorry no pics. Started the smoker at 100 to dry the casings, temp shot up to 120 then seemed to settle down. Filled up the dust pan spraying the dust with a spray bottle as I went, man the pan holds a lot of dust. I put the pan in and started bumping the temps 10-15 degrees till I got to 150 that's when the smoke started rolling, heavy. Temps went straight up to 180 before I knew what was happening. I checked and saw no fire but could not control the temps after that. I would open the door and lid to cool things off close it up and the temp would climb right back up, even after the smoke stopped. I'm either doing something wrong or this is not going to be as easy to manage as I had hoped. If the dust pan is going to generate that much heat I'll have to look at another smoke source.

Dont sit the pan right down directly on the element, use the 3 feet to sit the pan on. Your with the vent full open when smoking?

Vent full open but the pan was sitting on the element. That just seemed where it fit.

too bad I still work for a living, would love to meet you there.

If the weather isn't too bad this weekend I'm going to modify the legs that the chip pan rest on and open up the vent hole on the side. Food lion has 73/27 ground beef for 2.99 a pound this week. Not what I would prefer but cheap enough to mix up a couple of pounds and see how the smoker acts with the mods.

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky