trying the lump

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shan'sgrill

Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
henryetta ,ok
Well im 2 hours into my 4th attempt. this time using lump instead of straight wood. trying to overcome what I have found out to be crestone(thankx to this site smokin bob, tex, and desertlites.) Got a nice brisket and a half rack of ribs goin. Temps hangin right at 220 will add chunks of hickory about every hour and ahalf. I will report back how it turns out. thanx for all the help guys.

Hey Shan - hope your q comes out well. Using lump charcoal has many benefits including a nice long burn time.

Hope you'll be reporting back with some q-vue!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

dont know the brand / model of your smoker, but I have found using straight Lump with a few chips here and there to be the best result for me after have many dreadded days of creasote build up...

good luck shan-I like you egerness,but maybe I forgot to tell you to start small & cheap till you get the lump down-go get em buddy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky