Trying smoked burgers again tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
I've smoked these a couple of times in the past but had no good method to do it. The flavor was great but they came out so dry that I really didn't care for them. However, dryness and all, the wife loved those that I have made in the past. So I am going to try again tomorrow with a different method:

MES30 @ 250 degrees
Smoke to an internal temp of 155-160 degrees.
Probably cherry chips.

Smoking doesn't seem the best way for juicy burgers but the smoke flavor makes me (us) want to try again.

Nothing to lose here. My wife seems to be willing to eat any burger that comes out of a smoker.

what kind of burger do you use, I think the best is 80/20, if you get it to lean they tend to dry out.

I'm with fivetricks fivetricks cold smoke first if your able to. Then on to the grill like you normally would. Ive done this with several different things with good success.

What I usually do for Burgers is fire up my grill (most of the time my Gas Grill) Mine is indirect and has a pan above the burners, I'll throw a few pieces of whatever smoking wood I have on hand, let them start smoking and put on my burgers, Nice Smoky Flavor and as juicy as you like em.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky