Trying out new rib rack and a new rub (W/ Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokestack32

Original poster
Jul 19, 2016

I

I wanted to try out my new rib rack. I was trying to find something so I could smoke more racks of ribs in my smoker. This worked pretty good. The ribs were a little long so I had to bend them at the end. I also wanted to try out a rub I picked up in NC while visiting my brother. The Hawg Rub was perfect flavor for the 3-2-1 method. It had a little kick that went well with the sweetness of some of the other ingredients in this recipe. I used peach wood chucks I found at Cabelas. The spray and water bath I used Dr. Pepper, applce juice and apple cider vinegar. I also tried out some mac and cheese. Everything was cooked before I put it in the smoker. I just popped it in there to melt the cheese and give it a hint of smoke. My official taste tester (Macey) approved. Enjoy!

Nice job on the smoke ribs look great M&C using canned cheese soup Points for a new twist

Richie

icon14.gif

Great cook.  

That rack looks just like the one I got from HD.  Its a Brinkman.

I interested on how you run that smoker, all wood???   Charcoal and wood?   What set up.  I have the same smoker.

@ChileRelleno  The mac & chees is pretty simple. I don't have an exact recipe, but I just wisk together  half & half and the cheese soup. Once its warmed through I add shredded cheese. Then mix with cooked pasta. I try to make more sauce than I think I need because I like my mac and cheese creamy. Next time I do it I share the process.

@c farmer  I run my smoker with charcoal for the heat and wood chunks for the smoke. I generally will make a pile of unlit charcoal on the right side of the box and put a lit chimney full on the left side and put a couple chunks in throughout. I have had problems with temp swings in this smoker. I generally have to baby it through the whole process. If I added a whole chimney of charcoal the smoker gets way to hot, but if I add just a little I feel like I'm constantly adding fuel to keep temps up. Also, I have found that the heat comes out of the fire box and runs right up the side and out, so I am considering putting in a pizza stone or some kind of deflector plate to help even out the temps. Any tips or tricks that you have found would be much appreciated. (Note: I did almost all the mods to seal this bad boy up)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky