Truth BBQ in Houston

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never had BBQ in TX, I can say I have eaten at 3 or more BBQ places near Greenville, NC and was disappointed in all of them. Did have some decent BBQ in NH though??

Like was mentioned earlier between the $$, long waits and making better food myself (Thanks guys) I don't want to eat out at all. OH and after the last trip to the ER from Friday's restaurant, maybe my wife will agree with me ...at least for a little while.
We have a really good Mexican place near us is always good! Prices aren't bad till ya add margaritas then not so much. Not a big fan of the BBQ joints around here, not bad but mines better!

Ryan

Reactions: Retired Spook
Hey Kevin,

Anniversary. Need I say more?

There's another place even closer we went one anniversary. French restaurant. Got high praise online. Reservations suggested, not required. I made reservations. Paid closer to two bucks, and I felt ripped off. When the chef came by the table to ask about our meal, my only response was "It was fine." I didn't want to ruin my wife's night out. Paid. Left.

That was probably ten years ago. They still exist. We're not customers.
"Its a Walmart Country..."

We have a really good Mexican place near us is always good! Prices aren't bad till ya add margaritas then not so much. Not a big fan of the BBQ joints around here, not bad but mines better!

Ryan
We have good tex-mex and Mexican restaurants, but those $14 drinks and $10 IPA add up to more than the meal most times.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I can accept higher prices because we are all feeling the hit on our wallets, BUT when did service go down the drain? The last couple of times I have gone out to eat, the service was underwhelming to say the least.

Reactions: clifish
I can accept higher prices because we are all feeling the hit on our wallets, BUT when did service go down the drain? The last couple of times I have gone out to eat, the service was underwhelming to say the least.
Entitlement mentality has poisoned America - it will only get worse.

When I was very young people were grateful for what little they had - today people resent that they have to work and when they do work that think they are owed way more than they are worth. This includes bankers and CEO's as well as restaurant workers...

Reactions: clifish
Entitlement mentality has poisoned America - it will only get worse.

When I was very young people were grateful for what little they had - today people resent that they have to work and when they do work that think they are owed way more than they are worth. This includes bankers and CEO's as well as restaurant workers...
Well said!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky