Triple Dudestramis!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Howdy Folks,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a smoke.  I decided to try “Dudestrami”.  I did one about a week ago to try out the procedure. (I know, no pictures – it never happened)  I had read about it and was in my local Sam’s Club (95 mile round trip) and saw some good looking corned beef briskets and decided that the time was right to try it out.  I liked it so much, I decided to pick up some more and make a big bunch.
 I soaked these beauties for about 6 hours with one water change.  Rubbed them with old bay and pickling spices, wrapped in plastic and let them rest in the fridge overnight.  They hit the smoker this morning.  I’m smoking with oak in the gasser and the temps settled at about 250-260° F.  If it runs a little warmer, I figure it will be OK too.  (It all depends on ambient temps and wind. No sense in “chasing” temps by constantly adjusting the gas.)

Rubbed and ready.

f6edab93_a973f3f6_pastrami_04132022_01.jpg

Here are the beauties about 3 hours in.

c413341a_2d189b52_pastrami_04132022_02.jpg

Here they are being foiled at 165°F.

de500107_825a9a7a_pastrami_04132022_03.jpg

Here they are out of the foil at 195°F.

daa1d673_65ce40ff_pastrami_04132022_04.jpg

There was a layer of fat running down the middle of each.  I used a sharp knife to split them while still warm.  The slicing will take place after they have been refrigerated overnight.  Here they are after having been split.

f995b6a8_42994c64_pastrami_04132022_split.jpg

Here is a pic of the sliced product from last week’s trial run.

fe18639c_325154.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed my little adventure.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

icon_cool.gif

Welcome back I to have been gone awhile. Now the Dude would be proud of your pastrami too.

That's some awesome looking stuff you got there Meowey!!!

You gonna show the rest of the drool causing beauties sliced???

Bear

Here they are!

Final pics

Trimmed of connective tissue and most fat

199f4819_80a66247_pastrami_04132022_trimmed.jpg

Chunks ready to be sliced.

f261156c_5ca813e1_pastrami_04132022_chunks.jpg

Sliced

d6a65386_118c7bd2_pastrami_04132022_final.jpg

To answer the question about what I'm going to do with it.  Some of it is going to be packed as chunks in food saver bags and frozen.  Several family members expressed an interest in helping to eliminate any 'strami surplus found around the property.

Enjoy!

Take care, have fun, and do good!!!

Regards,

Meowey

Last edited:
Hey man welcome back. We have missed you around here.  Great looking strami!!

Your Strami looks great Meowey even though you seem to have left out the "Vaporized Bourbon" that you were famous for.

I am still hanging around here and observing the proceedings.

Take care!! 

Your Strami looks great Meowey even though you seem to have left out the "Vaporized Bourbon" that you were famous for.

I am still hanging around here and observing the proceedings.

Take care!! 
Illini - good to see you hanging out! - See below for the bourbon use - LOL

Beautiful man!  Glad they turned out well for you.
Thanks man - much appreciated!

When you foil them, do you add any liquid?  If so, what would you recommend.  I am in the process of doing a pastrami from scratch and I suere hope it turns out half as good as yours looks.
I put some Jack Daniels and water in the foil with the meat!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky