Tri Tip with tx smoker Chimichurri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks Great Johnny. Perfectly cooked and great Char. We've been doing TT at least once a month, noww that I'm able to get them. Great job.
Thank you. TT will certainly be in my monthly rotation. To me it’s better than brisket and way easier to smoke (time).

JR

Reactions: MJB05615
Johnny Johnny Johnny...what a beautiful meal!! That looks absolutely superb my friend. Like Brian though, I've never seen a fat cap like that n a tri tip. I can only imagine it rendered some fantastic flavor and juiciness into the meat. Beautiful job all around and kudos to Lyn for putting some good side dishes down. The chimichurri however I cannot take credit for. That came to me via Joe ( xray xray ) a while back. If you have any pics though I'd love to see that porterhouse. Something about cooking one of those at the camp site is just intriguing.

Robert
Thank you my friend. I hope everyone I buy has that fat cap on it. I cut it in half, cut Lyn two slices and I ate the rest of the half 😁.
Big shout out to xray xray for sharing the Chimichurri recipe. That’s what make the SMF so great.
I’ll get you some pics of my camping cooks soon.

JR

love TT and Chimichurri! nice work! I never see TT with fat caps in my region...like I havent seen over except in pics here.
Thanks. That’s the way the butcher cut it for me. I didn’t trim at all before cooking it. Glad I didn’t.

JR

That sure looks mighty good...inside and out ! Great char and color. What did you use for seasoning ?
Thank you. Perfect doneness for us. I used Amazing Ribs Big Bad Beef Rub. I’ve used it for years on brisket and decided to use it on this TT. Very good rub for beef.

JR

Beautiful piece of work on that tri, big Like! When I lived in CA I'd score tri's with a fat cap like that, labeled as "untrimmed", a buck a pound cheaper. Cooked with the cap intact they had far better flavor. RAY
Thanks Ray. I must not have minded the fat cap. After my 3 servings there were no fat trimmings on my plate. 😀

JR

Reactions: sawhorseray
Damn Johnny I will just echo what everyone else has already said. That looks amazing man! The TT was cooked perfectly. Love the char on the outside and the perfect med rare. And I can also attest to that chimichurri. Have made it several times and love it. Try it out on grilled chicken! Big LIKE!

Johnny Johnny Johnny...what a beautiful meal!! That looks absolutely superb my friend. Like Brian though, I've never seen a fat cap like that n a tri tip. I can only imagine it rendered some fantastic flavor and juiciness into the meat. Beautiful job all around and kudos to Lyn for putting some good side dishes down. The chimichurri however I cannot take credit for. That came to me via Joe ( xray xray ) a while back. If you have any pics though I'd love to see that porterhouse. Something about cooking one of those at the camp site is just intriguing.

Robert
Thank you my friend. I hope everyone I buy has that fat cap on it. I cut it in half, cut Lyn two slices and I ate the rest of the half 😁.
Big shout out to xray xray for sharing the Chimichurri recipe. That’s what make the SMF so great.
I’ll get you some pics of my camping cooks soon.

JR

Way to go Johnny, that TT looks perfectly done for my tastes! I'll be over for a plate shortly.

I'm a huge fan of chimichurri and love it over grilled beef and chicken. Although I can't take credit for the recipe, but if it was your first time having it, I'm glad you enjoyed it and it's a pretty simple condiment to make. SMF is great because you can become inspired to try new recipes and ideas you wouldn't have otherwise.

Way to go Johnny, that TT looks perfectly done for my tastes! I'll be over for a plate shortly.

I'm a huge fan of chimichurri and love it over grilled beef and chicken. Although I can't take credit for the recipe, but if it was your first time having it, I'm glad you enjoyed it and it's a pretty simple condiment to make. SMF is great because you can become inspired to try new recipes and ideas you wouldn't have otherwise.
Thanks so much for the kind words. Having the left overs tonight with fresh asparagus from our garden. I thought tx smoker tx smoker told me he got the recipe for the Chimichurri from you. Whoever made up the recipe, thank you!
I’ll give it try the next time I grill some chicken. You are so right. The SMF is a great place for creativity and motivation.

JR

Damn Johnny I will just echo what everyone else has already said. That looks amazing man! The TT was cooked perfectly. Love the char on the outside and the perfect med rare. And I can also attest to that chimichurri. Have made it several times and love it. Try it out on grilled chicken! Big LIKE!
Thanks SVF. You are always so gracious with your comments on posts. Much appreciated.
The char was off the charts. I pulled it at 134 IT and turned my Rec Teq Bullseye wide open. It got screaming hot and seared it about 2 minutes per side. Best TT I’ve ever cooked and the Chimichurri put it over the top good. I’ll give it a try on my chicken the next time I grill up some bird.

JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky