Tri Tip neanderthal style.

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by robbq, Jul 27, 2014.

1. robbq

robbq Smoke Blower

My selection from the Butcher.

I seasoned it with a coarse ground pepper and salt with a few select other spices as the rub. And of course some wine for me during grill.

This went rite on the hot coals . lump charcoal is only recommended.
    Leave on for 4 to 5 minutes a side then remove. Place grates on grill then added hickory to it for about an hour cook.

After soaking some corn , I added it to another grill. Gave it about 10 minutes on husk side. Flippin it to grill mark exposed corn.then once again on husk side. This is when I brushed on a mixture of sriracha sauce, brown sugar butter garlic and onion powder with a shake of parmesan cheese. Mmm this was good!

The tri tip done. After a short foil wrap and broth this was mouth watering and a great flavor from direct coal start.

Plated wit some side small grilled potatoes and short ribs. ( to be separately covered on its own thread ) the family enjoyed all..
    I was very satisfied wit the short rib and corn. Only complaint was not enough food!

Thank you for checking out my bbq.
    RobBq

2. hickorybutt

hickorybutt Smoking Fanatic

Wow!  I've never seen meat placed directly onto the coals.  Could you taste any ashes at all?

3. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty looking meal!

robbq likes this.
  4. robbq

robbq Smoke Blower

No ash taste. The lump charcoal was glowing but not turning to ash just yet. It gave the loin such a woody charcoal sear it was such a different taste to the bark. Only a few minutes per side then indirect smoke on weber grill . I was very impressed.

5. hickorybutt

hickorybutt Smoking Fanatic

It sure looks good!

robbq likes this.