Tri tip and other things

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Second smoke on my camp chef. Found a tri tip at Sam's club. My parents wanted ribs, chicken and a pork loin. Used lumber jack pellets this time.
IMG_20230217_193141112.jpg
IMG_20230219_143210419.jpg
IMG_20230219_180254033.jpg
IMG_20230219_200006397.jpg
IMG_20230219_200322408.jpg
IMG_20230219_195957555.jpg

Forgot the beef short ribs.

Dang. That looks like an amazing cook.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't help on your tri tip slicing, mine looked normal. Well I have only cooked 3, hard to find here. Lol. I think your slicing the right way.

Fantastic looking bunch of protein, Adam. You liking the Camp Chef?

Not sure yet. Cooks amazing, just need to figure out how to get more smoke on the meat. Trying different brands of pellets as of now. I can add a pellet tube but want that as a last resort

Reactions: DougE
Not sure yet. Cooks amazing, just need to figure out how to get more smoke on the meat. Trying different brands of pellets as of now. I can add a pellet tube but want that as a last resort
Allowing enough time to start out on low smoke at the beginning of the cook for an hour or 2 before ramping the temp up helps some, but still gives a lightish smoke flavor. I use tubes sometimes as well. The new CC that burns chunks looks promising, but I don't think you can really get that in your face smoke flavor like you'd get with a stick burner off a standard pellet grill. It's a trade off for me. Food still tastes smoked, albeit lightly, but I don't have to tend a fire.

Reactions: pc farmer
Allowing enough time to start out on low smoke at the beginning of the cook for an hour or 2 before ramping the temp up helps some, but still gives a lightish smoke flavor. I use tubes sometimes as well. The new CC that burns chunks looks promising, but I don't think you can really get that in your face smoke flavor like you'd get with a stick burner off a standard pellet grill. It's a trade off for me. Food still tastes smoked, albeit lightly, but I don't have to tend a fire.

That was a step I was going to try, start at 180 for a couple hours.

Reactions: DougE
All of that looks great! I've only cooked tri-tip once and it was a gift from a notorious forum member here. It's as hard to find around me as hen's teeth...

Wow, a grill full of some fine work there Adam, looks like you're getting the CC dialed in! I don't get why tritip is so expensive everywhere except AZ & CA, usually get if for $3.99lb USDA choice. Might have to grind a few for burgers if brisket don't come down. RAY

You got her loaded up . That's awesome . Looks like you got some great results .
Nice work .

That's a great batch of good eats there Adam! Nice job!

Ryan

Very nice looking stuff Adam. It'd be a difficult choice if I had to pick just one :emoji_wink: Hope the family was happy. I know I would have been.

Robert

Thanks everyone, I am not the best with the quality of the pictures, I should care more. 😂. Or take time editing them to make them look better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky