Traeger Gourmet Pellet issues Any one else???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Majja13

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 19, 2022
Salt Lake City
Does anyone use Traeger Gourmet pellets sold at Costco? I have been using these since I bought my Smokefire last year and have not had any issues until this last bag. Now they are bridge-O-Matics. The issue I am having is that they keep creating pellet bridges above the inlet. This bag of pellets seams to be longer then the previous pellets of this same variety. I just removed the wire in the hopper to see if that helps. I may have to go try a new pellet.

Any one ever try any of the Knotty Wood pellets?
Thanks

Reactions: JLeonard
Drop the oily pellets and dont look back. Kingsford is really good and easy to find

I have never liked Traeger pellets. They used to be the only kind I could find locally years ago so I was stuck having to use them. When I was able to use other brands, I found out I really didn't like the Traeger pellets. I didn't like the smoke profile, and I thought they gave off too much ash. Lumberjack so far has been my favorite.

Drop the oily pellets and dont look back. Kingsford is really good and easy to find
I really like the Kingsford pellets but I wish they'd dial back the price more in line with Lumberjack. I don't find them any better than Lumberjack, but more readily available since RK quit carrying LJ.

I haven't used the Traeger Gourmet from Costco in a couple of years.
Never had any problem with them.
Haven't tried Knotty Wood pellets, yet. My son picked up a sack of plum for me.
I use Lumberjack. Sometimes the bags have longer pieces in them. I dump them into a bucket and mash with a t-bar.

The kingsford are very short and could never cause a bridge, I have had a couple with LJ but no telling how many hundreds of pounds were trouble free

Reactions: JLeonard
Not a fan of traeger pellets. I’ve never tried kingsford pellets. I’m happy with lumberjack, bbq delite or bear mountain

Any one ever try any of the Knotty Wood pellets?
I use Knotty Wood all the time. I never have any issues with them but I use them in a Yoder. The plum give you amazing color. The almond gives me a better flavor than oak. I usually mix the two. I’ll often mix Lumberjack cherry with plum which makes the color of any pork product look like photoshop.

Thank you all for the great info. I will be switching brands and will either give these to my FIL to use in his Traeger. Dang it I guess I am going to have to do more smoking to see which I like best. .... wink wink

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky