Traeger 780 vs Rec Tec 700 pellet smokers. Which one should I buy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm in no position to sit here and say negative things about Traeger but I've read a lot from people that have been very disappointed with them. I have a Rec Tec 700 Bull and absolutely love it. The thing is rock solid and bullet proof. I do know that there are a lot of other folks here who have them also and love them also. The flip side is that there are probably a lot of folks that love their Traeger. If for some reason I had it to do again, I wouldn't even look at a different grill. It'd be Rec Tec all the way. Not only has the product performed flawlessly, their customer service is legendary.

Robert

I'm in no position to sit here and say negative things about Traeger but I've read a lot from people that have been very disappointed with them. I have a Rec Tec 700 Bull and absolutely love it. The thing is rock solid and bullet proof. I do know that there are a lot of other folks here who have them also and love them also. The flip side is that there are probably a lot of folks that love their Traeger. If for some reason I had it to do again, I wouldn't even look at a different grill. It'd be Rec Tec all the way. Not only has the product performed flawlessly, their customer service is legendary.

Robert
Thanks for the Input Robert. I actually pulled the trigger on the Rec Tec

I have never used a RekTec but I did owned a Traeger that I had nothing but problems with. Not smoking, Temp problems. controller problems (GMG Daniel Boone same issues) . I would never ever ever ever own another Traeger product.

I have never used a RekTec but I did owned a Traeger that I had nothing but problems with. Not smoking, Temp problems. controller problems (GMG Daniel Boone same issues) . I would never ever ever ever own another Traeger product.

I guess that pretty well sums it up right there :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I own Pit Boss and love it. I mention this as I have no horse I this race. Everything I have read here and my own research lead the mother in laws husband (don't get me started on all that) to get a RecTec. He loves it. Again I have my second Pit Boss (one auger jam and one heat rod issue) my best friend has a Traeger the he has had a heat rod issue with. The MIL husband has had no issues with the RecTec. Granted my buddy and I have had ours longer. Given the money we all would get a RecTec if we had the money.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky