Top Round Perfection w/ QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

liles1

Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Colorado
Smoked a 3lb. top round today and it turned out incredible.  Thanks to all the good posts on here that I looked at first.  I decided to do a dry rub since I didn't have time to marinate.  I used paprika, cayenne, sea salt, black pepper and garlic salt.  Smoked at 215-225 with hickory until I got an internal temp of 140 and then I wrapped in foil and towel and rested in cooler for an hour.  It turned out perfectly done (I like medium rare) and tender.  Plan on having some french dip sammys tomorrow.  Here are pics start to finish.

fd544df4_IMAG0063-1.jpg

Seasoned and ready for smoker

bc419795_IMAG0064-1.jpg

In smoker ready to go!

3d15321c_IMAG0065-1.jpg

All Done smoking

e990cfb5_IMAG0066-1.jpg

Finished product!!!!

icon_cool.gif

Now if you don't know it you have just made yourself some of the best sandwich meat that you will ever have. I do them all the time around here.

Thanks everyone.  I wouldn't have even known where to start if it wasn't for the great advice I found in the forums.  Great site with great info.  Sandwiches are tonight if there is any meat left after the snack thieves get at it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky