tool box smoker bbq pit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alex427

Original poster
Aug 16, 2020
Hi all
recently posted about building a bbq pit with cinder blocks etc.As I had access to free solid concrete blocks.( not hollow)
It also occurred to me I could make a bbq pit ( not an offset smoker) for low slow bbq grilling etc using an old large truck tool box.see pictures.
Any issues with this ? Anyone else done this and any recommendations? opening sizes for coal shovelling in , lining the interior with blocks / firebricks / adding smoke stack? any thing else -thanks all

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 10.44.12.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 10.44.12.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 10.44.28.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 10.44.28.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 33
That is a unique idea. Seems to be a good idea. Unfortunately I have no experience with this idea.

I've often thought about that . I would tip it up vertical . Make one of the sides the bottom . That's all I have though . Just something I thought about .
The metal should be thick enough you wouldn't need to line it with anything .
You would need to figure out what the inside is covered with
and probably burn it out .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky