Too much water on onions pic here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo

Just pulling younguns yet, luv to munch on them, but cutting the tops off and really slimy and one on left, well middle is sitting upper right. Smelled rotten, then on the right, down about 10 ft or so it is fine. Got black gumbo dirt which is a love hate deal cause it holds moisture longer but as you can see the cracks and bout 1/2" down is muddier than thunder. Even the good one was slimy cutting the top off. Onions and taters are 90% moisture I believe and this shows what too much moisture can do. Raing since Decoration day, about 8" worth without much sun.

Anybody else ever had this problem? I, in my years of gardening have never had onions rot in ground and brought up gardening. Weather changing so much I guess. Whata all know.

Can't say much about onions.

Know I never had luck with garlic?

I have heard too much water is a problem?

As I get older and my energy fades?  I have just decided that onions and garlic are cheap in the store. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Good luck and good smoking.

Can't say much about onions.

Know I never had luck with garlic?

I have heard too much water is a problem?

As I get older and my energy fades?  I have just decided that onions and garlic are cheap in the store. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Good luck and good smoking.
Yea. Get ready for inflation bud, plus not a chemical here and am 55  and will never quit planting. You have many posts and I do respect them. Thank You
icon14.gif
usa.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky