Too much smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it appears to be working. I have a steady flow of smoke out. I took a video but it doesn’t look like I can post a video. I think I’ll test again to be sure tomorrow if it’s less windy. But it appears to be working as designed. View attachment 653460
Nice, that is what mine looks like when it's going!

Great work man, much prettier probably better operating than my cardboard contraption. The one I made for my brother is much nicer than mine. You know how things get better with each iteration :D

Reactions: denny
Well I finally got my 2nd batch of belly bacon cured and was able to smoke it this last weekend and test out my 3D printed draft inducer. This thing turned out great. This bacon was not too smokey and had great color and flavor. Was smoked with apple pellets for 8 hours. Thank you everyone for the help and inspiration on this.
19BC1926-5771-4955-85C9-A3D1A67F57F9.jpeg
AC263099-3B26-4099-AF6E-D6AAC2152EA5.jpeg

I was lazy when I had my MES. I just used a 8 in long piece of the flexible duct material that fit on my mailbox mod.
When I wanted to do a cold smoke, I would turn smoker on at 120 for a couple of min just get the draft started and then turn off the smoker. If I was in a hurry, I would give the chimney a burst from my propane torch for a 30 sec or so. No fan required.

Well I finally got my 2nd batch of belly bacon cured and was able to smoke it this last weekend and test out my 3D printed draft inducer. This thing turned out great. This bacon was not too smokey and had great color and flavor. Was smoked with apple pellets for 8 hours. Thank you everyone for the help and inspiration on this. View attachment 657248View attachment 657249
Glad it is working out and problems solved :D

You now have a cold smoking setup no matter the temp. Here in TX it can be a little tricky doing some real cold smoking with our not so low temps but this kind of device helps a ton :)

Reactions: H. E. Pennpacker
Great job on the exhaust tube/fan. Your bacon looks really good.
I've used my MES30 and mailbox mod for years, and cold smoke my bacon for 8 hours a day for 3 days. I just have a tin can for an exhaust pipe and set my MES to about 60 to 70*, with the top vent wide open. Good airflow is the secret to success. On a MES, rule #1 is top vent always wide open.
Gary

Reactions: H. E. Pennpacker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky