Too much cast iron?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boy that is a ton (pardon the pun :emoji_joy: ) of cast iron stuff Ryan!

LIKE!

I just ordered two 8" lodge skillets, so my collection is just starting.

John
Thanks john! I'll give you time to catch up...I had a bit of a headstart on ya!

Ryan

You do know that your CI collection will become an item in your Will don’t you?

Cool Toys! If the Sweet Aebleskiver is not your thing, look up a recipe for Japanese Takoyaki. It's a more savory batter filled with "Tako" Octopus, but any Seafood works as a filling...JJ

Reactions: civilsmoker
You do know that your CI collection will become an item in your Will don’t you?
Yes I do! Right now I know my daughter would love it. My son has a couple pieces he likes but as a just turned 21 year old not high on the list lol!

Forgot to mention earlier, bought a new stove for my son so the old one is in my shop, just for baking cast iron, to keep it out of the house

Ryan

Reactions: civilsmoker
Cool Toys! If the Sweet Aebleskiver is not your thing, look up a recipe for Japanese Takoyaki. It's a more savory batter filled with "Tako" Octopus, but any Seafood works as a filling...JJ
Thanks for that! Looking forward to trying some of these ideas. Also got some really good ideas from Robert, tx smoker tx smoker now to just find the time. Flip to next page of the to do list!

Ryan

Hard to tell how big each cup is? Make popovers, small brownie bites, weird shaped eggs, let your mind wonder. Good Luck
Thanks! I've gotten some good ideas, now just need to find time to experiment with different ideas

Ryan

Reactions: smokinstubbs
Do most of you grind off the sand texture in the newer cast Iron so it is smooth like the older stuff?
Very little of what we have was bought new, but if I did buy new I probably would sand it and reseason it.

20190430_163018.jpg

This pan was given to us, didn't look bad but had a pretty rough texture so I sanded it and reseasoned it. Guess I didn't take any after photos but it turned out really good.

Ryan

Thank you all for the likes! Pretty sure I missed some.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky