Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
* Exported from MasterCook

Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

Recipe By : Tony Chachere
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
26 ounces salt
1 1/2 ounces black pepper -- ground
2 ounces red pepper -- ground
1 ounce garlic powder -- pure
1 ounce chili powder
1 ounce Monosodium glutamate -- (Accent)

Mix well and use like salt. When it's salty enough, it's seasoned to
perfection. For barbeque and fried foods: Season food all over. Cook as
usual.

This recipe was previously posted here. It is from Tony's book. I think the only difference is the MSG. Tony's says on the side of the can "No MSG"

I've heard several references to Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Well it just so happens that Mr. Chachere has published a cookbook (Tony Chachere's Cajun Country Cookbook) copyright 1982. In his book right on page 3 he gives the recipe for his cajun seasoning:

20 oz box free flowing salt (Morton')
1 1/2 oz box ground black pepper
2 oz bottle ground red pepper
1 oz bottle pure garlic powder
1 oz bottle chili powder

He says to "mix well and use like salt. When it's salty enough, it's seasoned to perfection. Use generously on everything except when the recipes in his book call for something else. If too peppery for children, add more salt to mixture, then season to taste."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky