• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Today's Supper Project

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks like a good start!

Al

bigjrfan77

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Thanks, Al. As a teenager I worked in a little barbecue joint called "The Best Little Smokehouse in Texas". It's where I tried pork tenderloin for the first time, and where I first began to learn the art of smoking meat. One of the co-owners was the smoke master. He never injected, never brined, just rubbed. I remember thinking the first time I tried his tenderloin that it was the best meat I'd ever eaten. I hope this loin is somewhere close to his!

Steve

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Looking good. Can't wait for the sliced pics and results.

I usually pull my loins at 142 and let the carryover bring it up to 145.

Gary

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I agree with Gary, pull it a little earlier and let the carry-over bring it up to temp. Looks real good.

Chris

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Seems everything turned out good. Nice job.

When cooking loin or tenderloin, it seems that the higher the finished IT, the less tender the meat is. Its a fine line.

Gary

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.