today's smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
here is pics of today's smoke. i smoked a whole chicken (4.5lbs); a beef rump roast (4lbs); a pound of jalapenos stuffed with cheese (ABT's); and two fatties (1 sage and 1 hot, both JD). i also did up dutch's wicked baked beans.

more pics
d69a3b53_vbattach11489.jpg

0702ef0f_vbattach11349.jpg

9d2aeaea_vbattach11212.jpg

06e7e937_vbattach11070.jpg

marvin, my temps were ~25° from end to end. better then before. i still couldn't get the smokestack end up to 240°. i got it to 225°, and the firebox end hit 260° once, but i got it back to 240°. so it stayed at 240° on the firebox end, and 215° on the smokestack side mostly. i need to figure out a way to get it even on both sides. i used mesquite only, no charcoal. i did put in a diverter plate.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky