Todays smoke with Qview.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Morning!!

Started out early today. Wanted to get the butt in the MES and make sausage.

The sausage turned out good.

Rubbed the butt Thurs nite. Here it is today.

14f16d16_001.jpg

Cranked the smoker to 230 and let it warm up.

Loaded the AMZEN with hickory and a little cherry mixed in from yesterdays wing smoke.

Lined the water bowl and added water and apple juice. Put it in.

a2518cdd_002.jpg

Still learning how to get all things working together, learn something new each smoke.

Three hours later the meat is at 136 the MES is holding 226 and the AMAZEN is smoking steady.. Life is good so far today.

The only thing that I dont like is the et-73 doesn't make it 25 feet. I guess I will call them and get another one.

3c8f651e_003.jpg

Looking good!

126014c9_004.jpg

More pics as this continues. Have a great day !!!

Last edited:
All righty then..it is done.

Decided I would try making a few ABTs while my luck was so good today

Just peppers,Wisconson sharp and bacon.

Put them in after I foiled the butt. Two hours later..... nice.

2c3e1589_005.jpg

Now on to the butt. Pulled it out at 200 and covered it for an hour.

Awesome.

1843a9fd_006.jpg

c2f73636_007.jpg

7068936b_008.jpg

Pulled  easily with a  fork. Very moist and tasty. The Woman wandered up and we ate as I pulled.

She sez YUMMIE!!

Plenty to eat for a few days.

What a great day. Tried two new things---Sausage and ABTs. Both turned out great.

The butt is way good.

Looks awesome nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir I agree with my fellow cohorts and you have some good looking butt there. I like the Abt's too with some good ole cheddar yumO

Thanks for the compliments. Being part of this group has been great.

If I hadn't run across Pops on another site I would still be fighting with the BGE for smoking.

Great info, help, recipes and friendship.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky