Today's shenanigans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
So it use to be a staple every March to go to the deer and turkey expo in Columbus Ohio. Originally, I believe they only had these expos in a handful of Midwest states.
I kinda fell off the wagon of going to them, mainly because of time and family stuff.
So this year, me, my son and his buddy decided to make the trip down.
We started the day with visiting a local grease pit diner lol, for burgers, fries, mozzarella sticks and I got a reuben. Hit the bank and gas station then on our way to c-bus. We knew we were a little early, so had planned a stop at the Columbus Cabelas. I grabbed a floating 2 gun case that I've had my eye on for awhile and the boys got some lures and turkey calla.
We then hit the expo ( which was considerably smaller than past years) Had a great time checking stuff out, talking to vendors and picking up more turkey calls, swag and for me......pickles!
Found a stand selling meats, cheese and different pickles. I sampled a few, picked out ranch pickles and garlic pickles. Didn't go wrong! Great day with the boys! I'm sure they didn't mind missing school just as much as me missing work....

20230317_183537.jpg

20230317_183541.jpg

.....Pickles.......!

Reactions: drdon and clifish
So it use to be a staple every March to go to the deer and turkey expo in Columbus Ohio. Originally, I believe they only had these expos in a handful of Midwest states.
I kinda fell off the wagon of going to them, mainly because of time and family stuff.
So this year, me, my son and his buddy decided to make the trip down.
We started the day with visiting a local grease pit diner lol, for burgers, fries, mozzarella sticks and I got a reuben. Hit the bank and gas station then on our way to c-bus. We knew we were a little early, so had planned a stop at the Columbus Cabelas. I grabbed a floating 2 gun case that I've had my eye on for awhile and the boys got some lures and turkey calla.
We then hit the expo ( which was considerably smaller than past years) Had a great time checking stuff out, talking to vendors and picking up more turkey calls, swag and for me......pickles!
Found a stand selling meats, cheese and different pickles. I sampled a few, picked out ranch pickles and garlic pickles. Didn't go wrong! Great day with the boys! I'm sure they didn't mind missing school just as much as me missing work....

View attachment 660497
View attachment 660498
.....Pickles.......!
Sounds like a great day with the kids, although this "New Yawwker" has no idea what a deer and turkey expo is...lol

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Sounds like a great day with the kids, although this "New Yawwker" has no idea what a deer and turkey expo is...lol
Basically just a big expo for hunters. Just like car shows, rv shows, gardening shows, boat shows etc. Place is full of vendors, guide services and so on. Usually at a very large venue. This one in particular is in one of the largest buildings at The Ohio State fairgrounds.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky