Today is the day...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
2 down now time for the sauce and back on for an hour...
2rmfv1.jpg

Ok, so the 1 is done.
Tastes ok. I've had worse.
Think I'm gonna need to cut back the time a bit from the 2.
These things were WAY too fall off the bone.
However, for my first ever smoke, I'm going to call it a win!
Thanks for all the help, advice and replies!!!
2rmmbb.jpg

sorry I'm late... While I was reading I was hoping somebody would have suggested backing off some on the 2 hr wrap... Pending my temps .. if high (250 or above) I find an hour works for me... if I've been holding lower temps an hour and a half works... As stated above.. It's all a learning process.. both, the procedure and the results ... Nowadays I leave them nekkid (not wrapped) and go by temps... 190 for a tug... 195 for a clean bite... and 200+ for fall of the bone... BUT.. they sure do look good... your on your way to great food... good first time rib smoke ...

Reactions: Unique Name
Looks pretty darn good to me. I'd be proud to eat some of them ribs.

Point for sure
Chris

That's one thing about smoking meats very few mistakes are not eatable in some fashion or another. The thing to remember is there is no such thing as bad bbq its just that some taste better than others. :emoji_grinning:

Warren

BuffaloTheSmoker Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

Those ribs look good, especially for a first timer. Definitely a win! Like they said, if your temps are around 250 or more I have found wrapping for an hour is about right. I’ve noticed too you have to judge your ribs ahead of time. Thicker meatier ribs will be more forgiving of temp spikes or longer times wrapped. Good job. Keep up the good work!

The nice thing is with ribs..short of really messing up..every one likes them!

I use 3-2-1 as a base line..but I stopped wrapping my self as well, but some people swear by 3-2-1. So I think it's truly a matter of personal taste.

The nice thing is with ribs..short of really messing up..every one likes them!

I use 3-2-1 as a base line..but I stopped wrapping my self as well, but some people swear by 3-2-1. So I think it's truly a matter of personal taste.
Next run im gonna do a bit of experimenting. Now that the first smoke is in the books my anxiety has disappeared. The WSM truly is a simple instrument.
Now to master it!

Those ribs look good, especially for a first timer. Definitely a win! Like they said, if your temps are around 250 or more I have found wrapping for an hour is about right. I’ve noticed too you have to judge your ribs ahead of time. Thicker meatier ribs will be more forgiving of temp spikes or longer times wrapped. Good job. Keep up the good work!
I'm semi addicted to the process as of now. Planning next week's smoke.
Perhaps chicken?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky