Today is a good day !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
About 7 years ago I got the cancer diagnosis. The Dr. Told me no worries, if you have to have cancer you have a good one. You’re not going to die this year. Anyhow after 3 years of chemo, I’m in remission & have been for a couple of years. But the chemo destroyed my kidneys. If you know about kidney disease, if your GFR gets to 15, you go on dialysis. Mine was 22, the Dr. Said if I could get it to 30 & keep it there I would be good. I just got my last blood test back about 5 minutes ago & it’s 60. That means that officially I don’t have kidney disease anymore. I’m going to celebrate tonight!!! :emoji_sunglasses: BIG TIME!!!
Al
Congrats man, glad to hear the good news!
Keep that upward trend going buddy :D

About 7 years ago I got the cancer diagnosis. The Dr. Told me no worries, if you have to have cancer you have a good one. You’re not going to die this year. Anyhow after 3 years of chemo, I’m in remission & have been for a couple of years. But the chemo destroyed my kidneys. If you know about kidney disease, if your GFR gets to 15, you go on dialysis. Mine was 22, the Dr. Said if I could get it to 30 & keep it there I would be good. I just got my last blood test back about 5 minutes ago & it’s 60. That means that officially I don’t have kidney disease anymore. I’m going to celebrate tonight!!! :emoji_sunglasses: BIG TIME!!!
Al
Al That is great I hope you have many more years.
Richie

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. We had a bit of a celebration last night. But nothing crazy. I’ve been pretty strict with diet & exercise, and that is how I got here, so to stay here I need to continue on the same path. But it does include a few beers and some BBQ! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Congratulations Al. Seems more people die from cancer then beat it. I feel we have the cure for cancer but the government won't let it out.

Again. Congratulations

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Al, this is great news! Congrats my friend. I agree it is nice to hear some good news here.

Really happy to hear your status Al. You are on strict orders to remain on SMF until we say otherwise. BTW: That's NOT GONNA HAPPEN

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky