Toasting To Tuesday!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Good Morning You Sweet Smoked Cookies & Chops!!! And here's to a terrific TUESDAY today, and for all!!

Amid moving decisions, and all that that entails, I took a moment this morning (grizzly photo aside) to look at a fabulous sunrise, and smoke up an unassuming, simple albeit healthful COD SALAD... And it was lovely!

Using pistachio shells as chips, and firing up my little gas smoker for 15 minutes on high, I smoked some cod and portabella mushrooms...

Meanwhile, I hollowed out part of zucchinis, and layered some lovely marinated WHITE ANCHOVIES into them, and dusted that with smoked paprika, as a "little snack" to enjoy while awaiting my fish...

Actually, where is dls1? His global savvy indeed has inspired these "Boquerone Boats" or prompted me to whip up a snack using these great chovies! The power of suggestion! Delicious stuff.

Meanwhile, I chopped garlic, pulled that fish - which fell apart into salad hunks as I expected it would (so soft) and whisked apple cider vinegar and olive oil for a dressing over the salad...

Succulent, simple, healthful, melt apart, delicate, and delectable cod salad does work for me on this day!

And I opened [if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:DocumentProperties> <o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template> <o:Revision>0</o:Revision> <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime> <o:Pages>1</o:Pages> <o:Words>1</o:Words> <o:Characters>6</o:Characters> <o:Company>Self</o:Company> <o:Lines>1</o:Lines> <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>7</o:CharactersWithSpaces> <o:Version>12.0</o:Version> </o:DocumentProperties> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style><![endif]StartFragmentCrémantEndFragment, (sparkling wine), because it's "Wine O'clock" when moving tasks, plans, and cleaning are involved, and since I'm in for the day and not driving anywhere, it is a great day to dine early and thus here is to an "Oh My Cod" kind of fabulous and magical day!

Meanwhile, I toast to YOU! And to "TODAY!"

So Cheers to you all and to this Tuesday! - Leah

Excellent idea with fish loaded zucchini. Gotta try it.

Bubbly with grilled marine (dead) life is my choice of vacation breakfast. Nothing that requires extensive preparations: good oil, pepper, salt on whole squid, a few minutes on the grates until translucent and freshly baked crusty bread. Dry cold cava to wash it down.

Hey Atomicsmoke!!! Happy Tuesday to you and thanks tons for checking out my fish! Good to hear from you indeed!

You have great taste!

From the cephalopods to the Cava and so forth! Sounds great!

I like Crémant as my sparkling of choice more than Cava, but only because it tends to be more dry and bitter even (which I adore), although my sister served Cava at her wedding many years ago, and that was FUN!!! Of course they divorced, but then I don't blame that on the wine!?

In any event, I so agree on just oil, salt, and pepper. The Holy Trinity right? EVERYTHING is amazing with simply that!

Thanks again for checking out my humble plate!

Cheers to you! - Leah

I sincerely respect you choices to eat nothing but seafood. I wish I had the palate to enjoy that kind of fare...

My most exotic breakfast so far might have been tomato juice with a whole lemon, chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and REAL Vermont maple surple made by my brother-in-law. I'm thinking the lycopene in the juice and the whole fresh lemon killed the carb in the pancakes?

Oh....the mimosa made with cheap Verdi champagne and OJ added extra vitamin c and fermentation bacteria to the stomach

I bow to your siren like appeal but the mermaid diet is a tough one :biggrin:

Good Morning Knuckle47 and happy Wednesday to you! Your brother's syrup must have been so very beautiful and I do love how the vitamins in your meal counterbalanced all else! Smiles. You are a riot!

However, let the record state, that while I MOSTLY eat mollusks - specifically octopus, snails, cuttlefish, mussels, oysters and such, and then lots of fish - bluefish being one of my favorites ever and second only to cobia, and then some seafood too, occasionally; I ALSO indeed New Zealand and Australian grass fed beef, and lots of exotic red game meats such as ostrich, kangaroo, yak, wild boar, elk and such, plus my camel meat too, and then rabbit, alligator, crocodile, quails, and so it goes.

A pure "Pescatarian" I can't claim to be, but I devour mostly ocean fare indeed. True be that.

Well, here's to today and to making it delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!! - Leah

Oh and CONCH! I love conch and could eat it every day but don't always find it. I go through jags where I can get lots and then months where I can't. In any event, conch ceviche is one of my very favorites. OK, happy wonderful Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Reactions: foamheart
Oh... I just remembered. We do love ceviche. Had it made once with lobster, scallops and shrimp....outstanding. Mussels with red or white sauce and with the white, my wife adds a splash of Pernod. My aunt on the other hand, would walk the beach in New Seabury, MA and dig into the sand to scoop out a clam and slosh it down. Raw, ..." Try this" she would say......I ran away

Met a guy in Freeport Bahamas many yrs ago who said that Conch was an aphrodisiac ... " trust me, I have 9 children" he said.

I do love zucchini and white squash for stuffing. Just a little bit better than a alligator pear.

I never thought of ceviche on one though. I usually do a shrimp or crawfish stuffing and then topping it with a bit of tasso cream sauce.

We don't see a lot of cod here except at the Long John Silvers, but I bet red fish or snapper would be great.

Great idea. Great looking meal.

Thank you for the inspiration! 

Good Morning Knuckle47 and Foamheart too! Happy Thursday to you both!

Indeed, conch IS an aphrodisiacal treat, (though 9 kids sounded like a good reason to switch to steak?), but really, I would love to eat conch daily, and already do that when able to locate the big ones. Right now only tiny ones are here for me to buy; and it just doesn't yield enough meat.

But fun too, hearing of your shrimp and crawfish stuffings Foam!

So many delightful things to devour in this beautiful world, indeed!

Meanwhile, it's a simple little "Calamari Safari" over here today, and so here's to grabbing life by the tentacles and moving forward with great energy!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and make today delicious!!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky