To wrap of not?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dragonslayer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Last time I smoked a brisket I got almost no bark. I wrapped my brisket in foil about 1/2 way through. I am considering not wrapping my brisket this time to get a better crust. Interested in what people around these parts do. TIA

Hey Slayer...if you're after better bark, eliminating the Texas Crutch will definitely help.  

Over the years I've started using the Crutch on all my briskets.  Bark isn't important to my bunch...so I figure why not speed up the stall and get it done faster.

That's what works for me, but the great thing about BBQ is, there's no wrong answer here...whichever way you prefer is the right way.

Red

No Foil = Great Bark 
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky