To foil, or not to foil??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

titansmoker

Original poster
Hey everyone. Just got my MES 30" in the mail yesterday, got it seasoned, and prepping three racks of spare ribs as we speak. Just a couple questions before I load her up tomorrow:

1. Do you foil the racks?

2. Hows does one foil tent the pellet maze?

3. At what temps does the foil go on a Brisket or Pork Butt?

Thank you so much for the help and can't wait to learn from you guys.

Hey everyone. Just got my MES 30" in the mail yesterday, got it seasoned, and prepping three racks of spare ribs as we speak. Just a couple questions before I load her up tomorrow:

1. Do you foil the racks? if you are doing 3-2-1 you foil for the 2. You can go naked all the way as well.

2. Hows does one foil tent the pellet maze? drip pan filled with sand wrapped in foil.

3. At what temps does the foil go on a Brisket or Pork Butt? I don't foil brisket or butt

Thank you so much for the help and can't wait to learn from you guys.
Remember to post a Qview.

Happy smoken.

David

I usually foil butts and briskets  @ around 160° to 165°. I generally place a drip pan just above my amnps to avoid drippings getting on my pellets, but some make a tent out of foil to place over it. If you search on that subject you can likely find a picture of a foil tent someone posted.

Good luck with the ribs.

Chuck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky