To buy or not to buy.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tgo

Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Good afternoon kind folks! I have a Camp Chef DLX that is about 4 or 5 years old. Over the past few months I have been having a hard time maintaining a constant temp or getting it to come up to a hotter temp when needed. Last night it just plain out quit. Put it in bypass mode and couldn't get it to send pellets to the pot at all!! Frustrating to say the least.

My question is this...... Should I spend $350 and put a PID controller with all new guts or should I just buy new? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

-V

That would be a fine place to start.... actually never even considered it. It's a Cabela's branded grill but as we know it was built by camp chef. If i were to replace parts, I'd go an aftermarket PID route.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky