To All My Canadian Friends!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had to google it earlier, not sure where it is celebrated but for all those that had to work yesterday, I hope today was the best it could be.

Did I say something wrong? Did not mean anything other than the stated title! I have a few Canadian friends on here… just posted this out of respect for them!

Reactions: Murray
My fishing partner's wife was born and raised in Ireland and Boxing Day is celebrated by them, as well. I have been to several of their parties for Boxing Day.
You don’t “celebrate” Boxing Day in the states?
No, it's not traditionally recognized here...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Did I say something wrong? Did not mean anything other than the stated title! I have a few Canadian friends on here… just posted this out of respect for them!
You didn’t say anything wrong🤣 I told my British neighbor “Happy Boxing Day!” He laughed and said “Thank you! Happy Boxing Day! We’ll be having some Scotch later if you’re interested!” I know if it was insulting he would have let me know, maybe he’s been around Americans too long, but he’s not too shy to point out errors🤣

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Maybe you can educate me… I thought that was your Holiday and was just trying to be respectful!
You didn’t say anything disrespectful. Back in my working days I loved Boxing Day along with any and all Statutory Holidays especially when I was scheduled to work, double time and half plus another day off at a later date. I assumed that the USA also recognized Boxing Day, reading the posts I now know you don’t. Too bad, one less day off with pay. Who doesn’t want a paid day off?

Not a thing wrong with what you said, my friend!! How on earth can it be wrong to wish someone, anyone anywhere, a happy day? :emoji_smirk::emoji_confounded::emoji_confounded::emoji_smirk:
Boxing Day is not a recognized Stat Holiday up here. Until last year, when I'finally found out differently, I always thought it was. Turns out it is just another paid day off invented by the Unions. Who knew.
It's kinda like your Black Friday--all the stores put on good sales. The stores are a zoo, packed with shoppers looking for a deal and/or returning and exchanging gifts they got for Christmas. You couldn't pay me enough to go into a store or mall on Boxing Day!!
Anyhooo, thanks for the good wishes.
Gary

We have a lot of great Canadians on here…Forgive me…. I am late! But I’d like to wish you all Happy Boxing Day from SE ID!

Justin What the heck is wrong with you..... sorry could not resist . I'll be your Huckleberry

You said nothing wrong and like Gary GaryHibbert GaryHibbert said it is just another day off if you work for the Gov, and other companies. It is not a church or religious thing that I know of. Growing up another day from school, lol

Here I also had to look up just to see.

Is Boxing Day a big deal in Canada?

In the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Trinidad and Tobago, and New Zealand, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday. Boxing Day sales are common and shops often allow dramatic price reductions. For many merchants, Boxing Day has become the day of the year with the greatest revenue.

Than there is this that I never heard of before

Why is it called Boxing Day in Canada?
Boxing Day was traditionally a day off for servants - a day when they received a special Christmas box from their masters. The servants would also go home on Boxing Day to give Christmas boxes to their families.

So Justin I will always take a well wishing from anyone , especially a good friend :emoji_wink::emoji_wink::emoji_wink:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky