Tis the Season

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by fendrbluz, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Got a chance to smoke some cheese last night living In S.Florida we don't get a lot of chances temps dipped down in 50s  and I jumped on it :). Smoked some Gouda,Swiss,Pepper Jack,Cheddar,Wasabi horse radish,and Havarti, smoked 2 hrs with Apple chips

and I smoked some Gouda with cherry I threw a bag ice in the bottom of my Bradley to try keep temps down. Managed to keep in between 60 and 70 deg pulled and let set out 1 hr then put in the frig overnight. Patted down this morning and then vacuum sealed. Think I got enough around 10lbs should last me a while. I get a lot of information and help here so thought I should start posting a few Q-views Thanks to all.

2. It looks tasty! I'm about to be on the cheese band wagon.

Happy smoken.

David

3. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's a nice pile o cheese!

Cheese is a favorite here! My wife hates the sound of the vac packer, but when I am packing cheese, she counts each block as it is packed!

4. Thanks Mule I think it was you that give the Idea to put Ice in the bottom of smoker wasn't it?

5. Funny told my wife I wanted to give a lot away for the holidays she said you can't givw away lol

6. crankybuzzard

crankybuzzard Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ha! That sounds VERY familiar!

7. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks great, I am collecting cheese myself for a large batch here soon.

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

8. Thanks everyone might have to do another batch it's the holidays and everyone is lining up :)