Time to broil some chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
I usually pan fry em but these are those nice wildfork chops. Figured I would broil three with sidesof stuffing and apple sauce. They each have a different rub. Kinders woodfired garlic, ps seasonings bbq general and last one has spg and some granulated honey
20230309_122506.jpg
20230309_122443.jpg

I just picked up a half dozen thick-cut boneless chops today at Sam's. I'll hit them hard with the Jaccard and pan fry in some olive oil after egg dip and Italian bread crumbs. I'm down with you on the sides for sure, applesauce goes perfect with pork chops every time no matter how you cook them. RAY

I just picked up a half dozen thick-cut boneless chops today at Sam's. I'll hit them hard with the Jaccard and pan fry in some olive oil after egg dip and Italian bread crumbs. I'm down with you on the sides for sure, applesauce goes perfect with pork chops every time no matter how you cook them. RAY

I have a Jaccard I haven't tried it with these good lookin out. the egg wash and bread crumbs sound good i like breaded chops. how u do them?

Reactions: JLeonard
That's a fine plate man, looks cooked right and juicy! I pound the snot out of them with the Jaccard (left side) and then egg dip and bread crumbs, no flour first on these. I put the chops in the fridge for a couple hours uncovered, helps dry them out so the egg sticks nice. Pan fry in olive oil, it's what I grew up with, we never had much veg oil in the house. You could take a meat mallet to the chops after the Jaccard, be fork cut tender.

DSCN4472.JPG

• Love
Reactions: negolien
Looks great, and I like the use of the ramekins for the side and juice. I'm a one food group on a plate at a time sort of guy.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That's a fine plate man, looks cooked right and juicy! I pound the snot out of them with the Jaccard (left side) and then egg dip and bread crumbs, no flour first on these. I put the chops in the fridge for a couple hours uncovered, helps dry them out so the egg sticks nice. Pan fry in olive oil, it's what I grew up with, we never had much veg oil in the house. You could take a meat mallet to the chops after the Jaccard, be fork cut tender.

View attachment 659666

Thanks I have a Jaccard that's just like that one. So pound em dredge in egg wash then bread crumbs then put in fridge for a bit? Sounds good bud thanks I will try it. How long per side like 3-4 mins?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky