Time for some Mango Habanero

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I really like the Black Pepper & Garlic Jerky Seasoning from Owens QQB, I have made several batches in the past few months. Sorry, I don't post much. My granddaughter and a couple of friend at work like it hot, we'll see what we get with Owens Mango Habanero Jerky Seasoning. I'm going to try to post some pics, we'll see how that works out.

Best investment I've made for jerky, picked it up off a craigslist add a few years ago for a couple hundred dollars.
PXL_20210114_002846733.jpg

Seasonings
PXL_20210114_002857872.jpg

Meat out of the freezer and ready to trim and slice.
PXL_20210114_002938363.jpg

Sliced
PXL_20210114_005150582.jpg

Trimmed up weighed and ready to mix. Sorry, no pics of the mixing needed both hands.
PXL_20210114_012401935.jpg

Dredged the slices and tossed in the meat bucket. Ready for the fridge.
PXL_20210114_013444121.jpg

Into the fridge for a couple of days, I'll throw in the dehydrator this weekend. I will be mixing ay least once each day.
PXL_20210114_014944475.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'll post more this weekend when it comes out of the drier.

Looking good!! Is that an old Globe slicer?? Looks a lot like mine.

It's a Globe Chefmate GC9. It has a 9" blade. I tried slicing by hand (once) and have tried a jerky board. Had a metal frame slicer that I think I got from Wal Mart that I used for a few years then I started trolling Craigslist and stumbled across this one. My big score was an older couple(newlyweds) that had received a Kitchenaid stand mixer (the pro type with the bowl lift stand) as a wedding gift and they decided it was too bid and they had no use for it. I didn't want to take advantage of them but they were insistent on 60.00. That type is currently a 630.00 mixer.

Ok, nice slicer for sure. Mine is a cheffmate but a 12".....wish I had a smaller one for smaller projects! Good score on the mixer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky