Time for some Butts!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
ran out of my reserves of pork butt...so you know I had to make more ASAP. grabbed a couple boneless butts at Costco - weighed in at 16lbs. Rubbed with BPS Sweet Money and off we go. gonna hit them with high smoke at 180 for a couple hours then 275 till done.

I have never used a finishing sauce, but I keep reading this is a must do. gonna give that a rip on these in a few hours... Gonna use SmokinAl SmokinAl recommendation:

The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

0630: just before they went on the Rec Teq.
IMG_6431.jpg

Looking good, I found that finishing sauce long time back when I was just a lurker here. . It’s my go to sauce for butts I have to hide the bottle at family gatherings because my family will fight over it. this place has a great resource for just about everything for food.

Reactions: sandyut
these when very smooth, the smaller of the two was done at 9 hours and the larger about 10. right about 200 they were like very tender to the probe, pulled and rested for about an hour, hand pulled and add the finishing sauce - I will never skip the finishing sauce again! just took it over the top! here are more picks:
IMG_6435.jpg
IMG_6436.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky