Time For A Few More Quick Easy Griddle Meals (Lotsa Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Thanks to all for the support and continued interest in seeing some quick, easy, and really good griddle meals. With things really heating up in Central Texas, it sure is nice to have an inexpensive way to put together some nice dinners quickly and with little or no prep time involved.

The first one in this thread is what I called "Italian Sloppy Joe's". In no way was the flavor reminiscent of a traditional Sloppy Joe, but they sure looked similar when they were all done

Get my fries cut up and seasoned as a side dish
002.jpg

A little antipasto type of salad
003.jpg

Fries all done and off to the side to keep warm then get the homemade Italian sausage going with some green onions
006.jpg

Add some marinara made with the San Marzano tomatoes that we've become very fond of
007.jpg

Mix that all up and put the buns on to toast a bit
009.jpg

Pile on the fresh shredded mozz then cover with the pizza dome
010.jpg

Dinner is served
013.jpg

These were outstanding!! Fantastic flavor nice crunch from the toasty bread, oh...and all that melted cheesy gooiness!!

Now we're gonna do some monster bacon, cheddar, chili dogs. Everything was cooked on the griddle then put in a CI skillet to finish. The best of both worlds right here.

Start with a couple of small hoagie rolls and just cut the entire middle out of them
001.jpg

Homemade pepper crusted bacon and quarter pound all beef CPB hot dogs
002.jpg

Bacon and chili on the griddle
005.jpg

Split the dogs and put them on as the bacon is getting close to being done
006.jpg

Bacon and dogs ready to start assembly
007.jpg

008.jpg

Start by adding the dogs to the buns that I massacred
009.jpg

Two slices of the bacon
010.jpg

A pint of chili
011.jpg

Shredded extra sharp cheddar
013.jpg

Plated. Top with red onions and mustard and serve with some chips and a pickle
015.jpg

Oh my, look at that. A sloppy but delightful mess if ever there was one :emoji_laughing:
017.jpg

First time I've ever had bacon on a dog, but I think I've just led a sheltered life. These were about 15 minutes in the making and super tasty...if you happen to like a really sloppy chili dog.

Time to do a little blamestorming. I'm gonna blame this one on our friend Jake ( TNJAKE TNJAKE ). He just posted some outrageous loaded Cajun fries. As soon as I saw them I knew something akin to that would be in my future, just didn't know what or when. In my customary afternoon fashion I was lounging in the pool with my margarita one day last week and Tracy was working late again. She came out at one point and asked for something Mexican for dinner, preferably tacos. Sure thing honey...anything you say dear....whatever. I wasn't in the mood for same ol' same ol' tacos so was at a bit of a loss for a few minutes. Then I remembered Jake's post and thought hmmmm....this might work. So here's what I came up with, hopefully not to the morbid fright of Jake by me ruining the wonderful meal he posted.

Fries cut up and seasoned with ancho and arbol pepper
001.jpg

Fries done and set off to the side
003.jpg

Brown the ground beef and add my taco seasoning along with a bit of water
007.jpg

Fries in a skillet
006.jpg

Top with the taco meat
008.jpg

Copious amount of cheddar
009.jpg

Back on the griddle and cover with the pizza dome to melt the cheese
010.jpg

Cheese melted. Time to make one massive taco on top of all that stuff. BTW, this is a 12" skillet so not a small meal by any means
013.jpg

Add lettuce, tomato, onion, and jalapenos. Time to tie on the feed bag
014.jpg

Plated with a nice dollop of sour cream. Sadly we were out of my smoked fire roasted salsa, and boy did I catch a fearful earful about that!!
020.jpg

These were simple but exceeded every expectation I had going in. They were really good and no doubt, it was a full meal.

Well, this one is a wrap. I still have some more in the folder and most certainly more in the making. I'll keep posting as long as folks want to see the insanity that continues in Lago. I will say though, that these were three of my favorite quick meals that have been done on the griddle. We thoroughly enjoyed all of them and they will all get done again when the inspiration well runs dry.

Thanks again for looking,
Robert

Boy howdy Robert, that's a great display of cooks right there, Like! I got so full just looking I might need a nap, keep 'em comin'! RAY

All looks so good. I never tried cooking Fries on a griddle. Got to try that...JJ

Another one knocked out of the park! It looks amazing ! I'll have what Jake's having with a side of nap please. Keep them coming "mad griddler" :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Dang that all looks good! I'll take a chilli dog...extra sloppy for me please! Lol!

Pigged out tonight, and this STILL makes me hungry. Keep ‘em coming!

Lmao! The mad griddler strikes again. I'll have a bacon chilli cheese dog with a side of taco fries with and Alka Seltzer margarita please. Looks tasty robert

Thanks Jake!! That's funny. I guess if I were to "elevate" my cooking I could be the "Griddler on the Roof". One hearty meal and an interesting cocktail coming your way sir.

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
The mad griddler! I like the ring of that.

That was kinda funny. I too like the ring of it.

I imagine Robert cooking on the griddle a little like this:

Nah. That dude is taller than me, his belly is smaller, and he's got much better moves than I do :emoji_laughing:

All of that looks great man! I would have to say the Chili dogs are probably my favorite. Big like all around man.

Thanks buddy. This griddle has been a ton of fun.

Robert

Boy howdy Robert, that's a great display of cooks right there, Like! I got so full just looking I might need a nap, keep 'em comin'!

Very much appreciate it Ray. I'll keep posting as long as I can keep coming up with interesting stuff and people want to keep seeing them.

Robert

All looks so good. I never tried cooking Fries on a griddle. Got to try that

Thanks Jimmy. I've enjoyed cooking fries on the griddle. you get that nice flavor from the flat top, a good crunch on the outside of the fries, and a soft center. They are really good!!

Robert

Another one knocked out of the park! It looks amazing ! I'll have what Jake's having with a side of nap please. Keep them coming "mad griddler"

You got it Ryan and thank you. One over sized meal coming up with a dessert nap to follow :emoji_wink:

Robert

Great Job Robert! All I can say is WOW!
I love a good chili dog.

Thank you Steve. Interesting that something as simple as a chili dog is the preferred meal out of this bunch. I can understand though. It is an American staple, no doubt.

Robert

Pigged out tonight, and this STILL makes me hungry. Keep ‘em coming!

As a good friend likes to say after we finish an epic meal: "That meal just ruined my appetite". Sorry to have done that to you but as others have said, a good nap will help after you finish a second pig-out :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky