Time 4 a Pie!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
With the storms and cooler weather decided it was a fine opportunity to do a little something inside the kitchen, make a pizza! Made the dough from a Guy Fieri recipe on the Food Network site, super easy.

1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the bowl
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 cup water

Had the dough all ready and my pizza stone in the oven at 425º, start the build with a little sauce
DSCN3184.JPG

Fresh mozzarella
DSCN3185.JPG

Pepperoni
DSCN3186.JPG

Salami
DSCN3187.JPG

My homemade Italian sausage and some onions
DSCN3188.JPG

Few red bell peppers and a topping of parmesan cheese, ready for the oven
DSCN3189.JPG

20 minutes at 425º, looking good to me!
DSCN3190.JPG

Finish the whisky, pop a brewster, bon appetito!
DSCN3191.JPG

This turned out to be one dammed fine pizza! We like a thick crust but not a heavy dough, somehow this recipe really fit the bill, even my in-house food critic was impressed. For as easy as it is this one's a real keeper, and repeatable! Thanks for lookin' in, y'all stay safe out there! RAY

Now that is a pie I could get into & just tear it up. Even though I’m not supposed to eat that stuff anymore, I do cheat on occasion!:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Reactions: sawhorseray
I love a WORKS PIZZA, even Anchovies!
Looks great. My long time Go To Dough Recipe is similar but a little more Sugar and Salt. My crew likes Thick Crust Sicilian Pizza, baked in pans my Dad fabricated many years ago...JJ

Nice, Ray! We would both tear into that but one slice would be the Mrs. Sodium intake for the day :-(
Thanks for the dough recipe. I'm partial to simple and easy.
Like Al said, you can cheat a little now and then....

Now that is a pie I could get into & just tear it up. Even though I’m not supposed to eat that stuff anymore, I do cheat on occasion!:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses: Al

Hell Al, if everything was up to the docs we'd never have any fun! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray, That is one good looking pie. Stu

Thanks Stu, I'm loving this weather, raining pretty good right now. Got a Beef Bourguignon going in the crockpot, gonna bake a batch of burger buns later. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Nice looking pie Ray!

Thanks Steve, it was great to strike while the iron was hot and the weather was not, be awhile before the next one. Thanks for the Like Steve, I do appreciate it! RAY

Wow!! My kinda Pizza!! Loaded with Meats!!! Nice Job Ray! Like. Bear

Thanks Bear! I make pizza that requires a knife and fork. Something you can pick up and eat with your hands is a snack, not a meal. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it! RAY

YEAP! Meat lovers!! Awesome job!

Thanks Yankee! My wife said maybe we could have a vegetarian pizza sometime, I told her she could order one for herself from Domino's. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Nice job Ray, I’d have been all over that plate!

Thanks WHB, after another half slice I managed to do a push away from the table, stuffed! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Looks excellant Ray!

Thanks Jim, tasted every bit as good as it looked! Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

I could do that. Would have to peel the peppers off for the wife, but doable. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks Winterrider! If not for my wife I might have tried a little garlic in the dough recipe, probably wouldn't have gotten the nice review she gave me. Thanks for the Like! RAY

Reactions: Bearcarver
I love a WORKS PIZZA, even Anchovies!
Looks great. My long time Go To Dough Recipe is similar but a little more Sugar and Salt. My crew likes Thick Crust Sicilian Pizza, baked in pans my Dad fabricated many years ago...JJ

Thank you Chef! My Resident Food Critic actually approves of shrimp and chovies on the pizza I make from time to time, I might have to make a half and half on the next one. Thank you for the Like Chef, I do appreciate it! RAY

Nice, Ray! We would both tear into that but one slice would be the Mrs. Sodium intake for the day :-( Thanks for the dough recipe. I'm partial to simple and easy. Like Al said, you can cheat a little now and then....

Thanks Mose! I thought both the salt and sugar amounts in the dough recipe were pretty moderate, and was really surprised with the texture of the finished product. I've tried so many pizza dough recipes over the years I could write a book, this one really works well for what we're looking for. Thanks for the Like Mose, I do appreciate it! RAY

Yes!!! I love pizza that looks good

Thank you, I'd rather eat pizza than ice cream, and it's better for you too! RAY

Nice pie Ray. Homemade pizza is a staple in our house.

Thanks Norm! Homemade pizza is one of the best benefits of homemade sausage, never have to run to the market. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Excellent work Ray!

Thanks Charlie, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Nice work Ray !

Thanks Rich! I'm still wanting to try making some dough and let it proof out but fridge space gets to be a real issue around here. Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

That is perfect! Nice pie Ray.

Thanks Brian, my old boss used to say perfect is always good enough! RAY

Nice Pie Ray! I'd be all over that! Like!

Thanks Keith! Right before I made this pizza I was looking all over for a dough recipe of yours I was sure I bookmarked. It was like looking for a sheetrock knife in my garage, got ten of 'em and can never find one. Thanks for the Like Keith, I do appreciate it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky