Tilapia tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2015
Rural Northern Idaho
This is nothing special, but the missus and I are on a (temporary I hope) healthy food path.  We're incorporating fish into our diet, and because it is the cheapest fish at Costco, tilapia is on the menu. I don't really like tilapia that much, but decided to try spicing it up with John Henry's Brisket Rub for the star in fish tacos.  The intense flavors and spice of the rub gave the tilapia exactly what it needed.

Ready to slice into 1-inch pieces

The completed tacos - homemade salsa, cabbage for the crisp green, and Asiago for the cheese

I love street tacos, and will use any excuse to make then out of whatever I have available. I dearly miss smoking my favorite cuts of beef and pork, but to keep the wife happy, I am not complaining at all about this substitute.

Reactions: Bearcarver
That looks delicious Pete!

We eat a ton of Tilapia here, mostly blackened with Cajun seasoning.

Gonna have to try it in a taco.

Al

Not a fish fan but they look great! I agree with Al on the Cajun seasoning add enough and you won't even know there's fish!

Hey Pete!!

I just tripped over this old one, and it looks Mighty Tasty!!  Better late than never!! 
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I love Fish, but I usually make it when the non-fish-eater isn't home.

Nice Tacos!!
drool.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky