Thursday Night Wings w/QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kanealmond

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Boone, NC
I had been wanting some beer and wings, and the wife is out of town on business, so figured there was no time like the present!

I picked up a bag of 30 fresh drummies and sprinkled with a little Tony's Cajun seasoning.

Smoked in my 270 Sumo at 275 degrees for 45 minutes, flipped and smoked another 45 minutes over pecan and hickory logs. After the 1.5 hour smoke, I crisped them up on my gas grill at about 700 degrees.

Made a sauce of peach preserves, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and a healthy dose of bourbon. Brought it to a boil and let it simmer for about a half hour. Poured it in a bowl and tossed the wings in it.

They ended up being perfectly smoked. Juicy and tender and the sauce was fantastic. I tasted no bourbon but the fruity taste of the peach preserves and the garlic really shined through. Was really pleased with the results.

Last edited:
Great looking wings! I made a sauce with equal parts of 1/2 cup ketchup & 1/2 cup mustard, then 1/4 cup siraccha sauce, 1/4 cup honey & "at least" 1/4 cup Jack Daniels. Add a little salt and pepper and mix well.

Points!! 
points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky