Thursday Night Tacos w qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I wasn't going to post this but it turned out so good I had to. Now I know everyone has seen a million, tacos, enchiladas, and tortillas lately but I had to throw my version in the pot. I have been eating leftover pulled pork since Sunday and I needed a change for a night!

Started with a 1.5 lb flank steak and 4 chicken breasts. Trimmed both up and got them ready for marinade. I stabbed the flank with a fork about 200 times and added on some unseasoned meat tenderizer beforehand. Mixed up the marinade and dumped in equal parts over the chicken and steak.

Taco1.jpg

Didn't have a whole lot of time so let that chill in the fridge for about an hour and then fired up the grill.

Chicken first. The marinade has some oil in it so that really flared the grill up and got a nice sear on both sides. Then I moved it to the top rack to finish up.
Taco2.jpg

Steak next. Same thing except didn't have to move it to the top rack. Pulled it at 125.
Taco3.jpg

After I let the chicken rest I sliced it up. You can see how juicy it was.
Taco4.jpg

Taco5.jpg

Taco6.jpg

Steak rose up a few degrees on the carryover. Probably should have pulled it at 120. Sliced it up. Great color.
Taco7.jpg

Taco8.jpg

Got out some homemade salsa. Mild, Medium, and HOT!
Taco12.jpg

Lightly toasted some tortillas. Built up some tacos. Wife added in some refried beans and Spanish rice. She put taco sauce on the top of hers.

Simple for me. Sour cream, meat, cotija cheese, hot salsa, and some chopped cilantro.
Taco10.jpg

Taco11.jpg

These were by far the best tacos I have ever made. The lime juice and the cumin in the marinade really set it off. The meat was extremely tender and flavorful and paired well with a few simple toppings was the perfect combination. Washed it down with a few cold ones. Wasn't too heavy was just perfect and hit the spot. Will be adding these in to the rotation. Thanks for checking it out!

John

Attachments

• Taco9.jpg
    Taco9.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14
Can never have too many taco threads, and those look to die for. I swear, I could eat tacos every single day. Nice work and great write up!

I love those meals that turn out to be thread-worthy, even when not planned as such.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Taco Tuesday, taco Thursday...or any day that ends in y is a good day for tacos that look that good. A fine meal without alot of labor

Nice job
Ryan

Looks awfully good John, I'ma liking that flank steak. They're running about 9.00/lb here. Hard to justify for me. When Rib-eyes and T-bones are under 8.00

Point for sure
Chris

Yep I'll take a plate full of those! Cant beat a good taco night. Your chicken and steak came out real nice! And I like your choice of toppings keeping it simple. LIKE!

Can never have too many taco threads, and those look to die for. I swear, I could eat tacos every single day. Nice work and great write up!

I love those meals that turn out to be thread-worthy, even when not planned as such.

Thanks Saint! Yeah I know what you mean about ones you just happen to snap a few pics of then turn out amazing. Kids were out of school today hoping there are still some leftovers when I get home!

Taco Tuesday, taco Thursday...or any day that ends in y is a good day for tacos that look that good. A fine meal without alot of labor

Nice job
Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I hear ya general consensus is any day is a great taco day. So many variations are so easy to do!

Damn John, great job, they look fantastic!

BIG LIKE!

You should make the plated picture larger, it looks really good.

You should have stabbed it 201 times though.... :emoji_laughing:

John

Thanks John! Appreciate the kind words. I probably stabbed it closer to 259 times but hey who's counting haha. I do my London broils the same way. Might try one of them with the marinade next time.

great looking tacos John, I don't think I ever had a taco that wasn't made with ground meat. going to have to give them a try someday.

Yep I'll take a plate full of those! Cant beat a good taco night. Your chicken and steak came out real nice! And I like your choice of toppings keeping it simple. LIKE!

Thanks Travis. Your leftover pork loin tacos looked so good I knew I needed some tacos in my life yesterday!

Wow John those tacos look superb! I could literally eat that any night of the week. We like our tacos around here, enchiladas too!!

Awesome job my friend!!

Thanks Joe. Yeah man tacos and of course enchiladas too are always a favorite around here. Digging the cotija cheese on them a lot!

Reactions: xray
Looks awfully good John, I'ma liking that flank steak. They're running about 9.00/lb here. Hard to justify for me. When Rib-eyes and T-bones are under 8.00

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Yeah a lot of times flank is high around here too. Crazy how they can charge more for that per pound than a good ribeye. I wouldn't pay it if I hadn't got these on manager special for $3.29 lb. Wouldn't hesitate to use top round, skirt, flat iron, ribeye, or sirloin...whatever is on sale!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky