THROWDOWN!!!!!! ITS BACK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a newbie so I have to ask, what is a Fatty? I understand contest submission and judging rules, but not what what makes a Fatty. It sounds and looks awesome though.

Never mind, My apologies. I did more searching through the forums and found my own answer. I have never seen or heard anything like it before. My life may change drastically after trying this.

Throw down. What's this? I don't understand. Been here about 5 years and heard of this before, but what is it? Some other secret of SMF? Y'all got way to many of those.....

BTW, "fatties" are gross. Made one once, NOBODY was impressed, including me, which is a first for my smoking adventures.

Last edited:
Throw down. What's this? I don't understand. Been here about 5 years and heard of this before, but what is it? Some other secret of SMF? Y'all got way to many of those.....

BTW, "fatties" are gross. Made one once, NOBODY was impressed, including me, which is a first for my smoking adventures.
Just a friendly competition among SMF members. Don't know how you missed it the Throwdown Forum has been around since 2009. It was a monthly thing but then it trickled down to every once in a while.

Here are the rules:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/official-smf-throwdown-rules

Tomorrow is the last day to submit. Get them in guys and gals.

I sent in an entry, but I' m so technically challenged I don't know if it actually took! I had some good fun with it, one way or another :-)

I sent in an entry, but I' m so technically challenged I don't know if it actually took! I had some good fun with it, one way or another :-)

If you followed the directions you should be fine. It takes a few days after the deadline for everything to be compiled and sorted and put into a format for everyone to see.

Keep your eyes peeled for the voting thread!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky