Three racks, Three ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
So during my weekend smoke-fest there had to be ribs or there will be hell to pay from my son
police2.gif

I mad three racks. The first rack I had cinnamon/chipotle rub & finished with sauce & honey for the last hour. These were for the boy. Second rack was Famous Dave's rib rub. First time trying it & I really love it, different flavor ever time? I also put on a second coat after the rest but before the smoker. Wife said it was too spicy
wife.gif
   Third rack was one coat of Dave's the a good coating of turbinado while coming up to room temp. It took a little while to melt in, but wow that really kept that rack moist. I also couldn't get all the membrane off that third rack? Tried for along time & started making the rack look very hacked up so I left alot on. it still came out OK? All in all not my best? Didn't get much pull back AT ALL. More tough & tug then I wanted, but I'll get that smoker dialed yet!!!

87e8e4ec_DSC05607.jpg

4c22b9fc_DSC05625.jpg

The ones on the left are the extra sugar ribs. No pull back even after the foil??

fe27c295_DSC05628.jpg

Almost forgot i also tried some butter on the sugared rack, not for me

ba516ffe_DSC05632.jpg

Great looking ribs Terry. I had planned on doing a rib smoke this past weekend but Ma put the kabosh on that real quick like. I've been fighting a major head cold for the last week and a half and she didn't want me hanging around outside and getting worse-I mean how worse can I get? It was 60° weather for Pete's sake!!
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Looks great from here, Terry----Especially that last picture----Damn, I love closeups of juicy smoked meat!

I'm sorry, I can't help it!!!!!!!

Must be the Bear in me!  
47.gif

Bear

Nice looking ribs..will have to try some of that raw sugar. My last rack wasn't my best effort either. A little tough to get off the bone with a straight 3-2-1. Gonna wait till the weather warms up a little and do another run.

Man those look good! I haven't had my smoker lit for almost 2 months now!
th_crybaby2.gif
 I am thinking I will give it a try at the end of next week, me legs are healing up well and I can actually move around and walk with almost no discomfort, so getting some ribs on the WSM is very, very high on the list!
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

Man those look good! I haven't had my smoker lit for almost 2 months now!
th_crybaby2.gif
 I am thinking I will give it a try at the end of next week, me legs are healing up well and I can actually move around and walk with almost no discomfort, so getting some ribs on the WSM is very, very high on the list!
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif
I'm real glad to hear that Johnny, but be real careful---Don't cause it to flare up, by jumping the gun!

Bear

All 3 look very good! Tell me more about the Turbinado.... what is it?

It's raw sugar. You can get it at Wally World. It comes in a box about the size of a big box of Morton's Kosher salt. It has the same kind of spout on the side of the box as the salt box does.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky