This weekend had some really good weather so made Ribs yesterday - and now smoking a Boston Butt (wi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kiingspade

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
I use a ECB with no mods and here are the ribs from last night and Boston Butt that is on the smoker right now

Yesterday was really nice weather - 54 degrees. So I decided to bring out my ECB (El Cheapo Brinnkman) and do some smoking. I made some ribs and I am just starting the charcoal to do pulled pork for the Super Bowl.

Here are the results

BfbW2fUIYAAXAuz.jpg:large
BfbXDWPIgAAERQK.jpg:large
BfbW4kHIEAAo-hO.jpg:large
BfbW7KeIQAEjSLd.jpg:large

The pics are from the last hour of smoking. I do a 3-2-1 method, that is 3 hours of heavy smoke, 2 hours in foil, and 1 hour with the sauce and to firm them up.

In the foil I put a combination of butter, brown sugar, some of my homemade rub, tiger sauce and some Tabasco sauce. When I unwrap I saved the mixture that was left in the foil to put on the ribs when serving as it gave this amazing flavor that complemented my homemade BBQ sauce. I also saved some so when I make my pulled pork I can mix that with the Au Jus I guess you can call it when I wrap my Boston Butt.

If you are wondering what is up with the smaller rack it is because my smoker as you can see could not fit the entire rack

Here are the pics of the Boston Butt

BffBqAzIcAAo4RI.jpg:large
BffBsluIIAAnlfJ.jpg:large
BffBwCIIQAA1UzX.jpg:large
BffBziIIMAAY3nn.jpg:large
BffB4JOIcAAOQAj.jpg:large
BffB-ALIcAAkaZs.jpg:large
BffCExpIIAEPyrt.jpg:large

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky