This sounds so good!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

az_redneck

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2006
Casa Grande, AZ
But it'll probably kill ya REAL fast (what a way to go)..
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I present to you my friends, Chicken Fried Bacon!

icon_razz.gif

Chicken Fried Bacon W/Cream Gravy
Recipe #156010
Bacon - it's the icecream of the meat world, high in Vitamin-G (grease) and bound to make the food police crazy! This side of fat douple-dipped in fat then fried in fat & served with a side of fat (cream gravy) recipe comes from Sodolak's Original Country Inn restaurant in Snook, Texas. Cream gravy is my own recipe. I do not admit to ever making fried bacon so prep time is a guesstimate

30 min prep
Fried Bacon
1 lb thick sliced bacon, cut in half
1 egg
1/2 cup milk (or cream or half & half)
1/2 cup flour
spices (optional)

Heat oil in a frying pan over med-high heat.
Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
Place flour in another bowl - season it if you'd like (garlic, pepper, salt, lemon, cajun, etc.).
Double dip - first in the egg mixture, then into the flour and repeat.
Fry in oil until golden brown.
Serve with cream gravy for dipping; also good served with steak.

Cream Gravy
3 tablespoons drippings or butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
salt and pepper, heavy on the pepper

To make cream gravy:
Put drippings or butter in a sauce pan over med-high heat. Whisk in the flour until well blended; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from heat and gradually add milk whisking constantly; return to heat & whisk until the gravy thickens; Whisk in the cream, salt & pepper.

Before I round 3rd and slide into home I gotta try some of that. Hey you only live once and I doubt anyone will make this a 7 day / week habit... so go for it... thanks for the recipe SmokeEater

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky